Stay connected through our Teacher Network! Receive email updates on current civil liberties issues. A good source of information for educators and a great source for classroom discussions. Subscribe to our Teacher Network by sending an e-mail request to [email protected].
Request a classroom speaker for topics such as student rights, student rights with technology, rights with the police, free speech, and more. Take a moment to complete this form and we will reach you shortly.
Download free copies of these Know Your Rights publications below. To request printed copies or inquire about publications in other languages, contact [email protected]
- Wallet-size "Bust Cards": What to do if you are stopped by the police
- Know Your Rights: A Guide for Public School Students in Washington
- Student Rights and Responsibilities in the Digital Age: A Guide for Public School Students in Washington State.
- Parents’ Guide to Public School Discipline
- Parents’ Guide to Truancy
- Parents’ Guide to School Board Advocacy
- Gender Equity in Athletics: A Guide for Families and Students
- The Rights of Transgender People
- The Bill of Rights
- Free Speech Rights of Public School Teachers
Student clubs support the ACLU-WA's work by bringing in speakers, hosting forums, working on national and statewide priority issues, and representing the ACLU-WA at community events. Student clubs have organized events on a wide range of topics, including reproductive freedom, marriage equality, the death penalty, racial justice, rights with law enforcement, and drug policy reform.
Email [email protected] for information and learn how your school can get involved.